Thursday, September 24, 2009

9.24.09

Today is your Grandaddy's 61st birthday. He loves you so much and is so proud of you! I hope that you get to have him and your Grandmama around as long as I've had mine.

That little tooth of yours is coming in more and more each day. It's slow but making progress! Yay!

Now for the serious stuff... You have changed me. Having you in my life has filled a hole I don't think I even knew I had. Before you I was angry a lot. And I thought that was just how I was. I was loud and rash... And mean at times. I hurt people I cared about and made choices that were so less than right.

 People around me have noticed the way you've changed me even. I'm more calm and understanding and something I never was before- forgiving. Having you in my life has changed the way I look at the world. I'm still loud, that will never change, but I laugh loudly now instead of yelling loudly.

 I could have never come to the person I am now without you in my life. I want to say Thank You.

Thank you for picking me to be your Mommy. Thank you for being a sweet, silly, loving little boy. Thank you for being stubborn and giving me a dose of my own medicine. Thank you for being you.

As always, I am so proud of you. I am so grateful to have you in my life. You've made me a better person, a better wife to your Daddy, and I think, a better Mom than I thought I could be.

I love you Parker!
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment