Friday, February 19, 2010

1.13.10

It's your first birthday. I cannot believe we've made it this far. There's still a part of me that's afraid you'll be taken from me. I know that's 'crazy mommy'. I don't like being afraid of those things but they're there.

So on to the good stuff... You're growing more and more brave every day. Crawling off without me or your Daddy. Constantly exploring. I've had to velcro the kitchen cabinets closed so you can't smash your fingers.

You're standing unassisted for minutes now. You're so close to walking. I'm in no rush. Take your time. :)

I love you so much. Your Daddy and I have been talking all day about what we were doing this time last year.

Right now it's 9:45 pm. My epidural (the medicine that made labor not hurt) had stopped working. In that moment, I just wanted the pain to stop. It was frightening how bad I hurt. In retrospect, the pain was completely worth it. I was completely present for your birth. I felt everything in those last two and a half hours. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

You were totally alert from the moment you were born. Making sounds and eye contact. You were perfect.

You still are.

I love you Parker!
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment