Tuesday, July 21, 2009

3.12.09

There's nothing more wonderful than to watch your eyes close and feel you relax into me as you fall asleep.

Today you really talked for the first time. You've smiled for a while now and you've been cooing for about two weeks. But today was different. You talked back and forth with me for about five minutes. You'd make sounds and I'd reply with words I thought matched your tone. It made me feel like a great mom. I love those moments-where I feel like what I'm doing is right.

I bought this journal not long after I found out I was pregnant with you, but I was scared to write because the last journal I started to a baby ended up with my having to write a goodbye letter. So I've been scared silent until now.

But you are here and the most wonderful dream come true so I'll try my best to keep here a record of our days together.

I love you Parker,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment